SAN DIEGO – February 21, 2007 – San Diegans looking for a big, 100-precent Angus beef burger can now stop by their local McDonald’s to fulfill their cravings, with the launch of McDonald’s new Angus Third Pounders.
The Angus Third Pounder comes in three varieties, the Angus Deluxe, Angus with Cheese and Angus Swiss with Mushrooms. Each is made with a one-third pound, 100-percent Angus beef patty on a bakery-style sesame seed roll. Ingredients include fresh leaf lettuce, red onion rings, fresh tomatoes, sauteed mushrooms and natural Swiss cheese.
"We’re very excited for our customers to finally try the Angus Third Pounder because a great, big burger is something that they have been wanting for a long time," said Philip Palumbo, president, McDonald’s Owner/Operator’s Association of San Diego. "The new burger will come with only the freshest ingredients and the quality that San Diegans have come to expect from McDonald’s restaurants."
The new Angus Third Pounders are available at San Diego McDonald’s restaurants starting Feb. 26 for a recommended price of $3.99 each. Consumers can sample the burgers for free at San Diego-area restaurants from March 8-11.
McDonald’s USA, LLC is the leading foodservice provider in the United States, serving a variety of wholesome foods made from quality ingredients to millions of customers every day. More than 90 percent of McDonald’s San Diego restaurants are independently owned and operated by local franchisees. For more information about San Diego McDonald’s, visit www.sdmcdonalds.com.
- Recent Posts
- San Diego County McDonald’s Kicks Off The School Year With Free Back-To-School Breakfast Week
- 2017 San Diego County RMHC®/HACER® Scholarship Awards $20,000 In Scholarships To Outstanding High School Seniors
- McDonald’s® Is Now Available For Delivery On UberEATS in San Diego County
- Sweet BBQ Bacon Joins McDonald’s® Signature Crafted Menu
- RMHC®/HACER® Scholarship Program Accepting Applications From Hispanic High School Seniors In San Diego County