2012 McDonald’s All American Teams Announced on February 9
SAN DIEGO – January 18, 2012 – Today, McDonald’s® announced the list of players nominated for the 2012 McDonalds All American® Games. Of the 600 nominees selected by high school coaches, athletic directors, principles and members of the McDonald’s All American Games Selection Committee, five female players hail from San Diego County. The local players nominated for the 2012 Games include:
- J’neiya Burton, Mission Bay High School, San Diego
- Amie Callaway, San Diego High School, San Diego
- Keyahndra Cannon, Mission Bay High School, San Diego
- Bryn Stark, Bishop’s High School, La Jolla
- Shay Young, Mount Miguel High School, Spring Valley
The complete list of 2012 McDonald’s All American Games nominees is available at www.mcdaag.com. The final roster of 24 boys and 24 girls selected to play in the 2012 Games will be announced during the McDonald’s All American Games Selection Show on ESPNU, airing February 9 at 5 p.m. ET.
“San Diego is consistently producing top basketball talent and the nomination of five local players highlights the hard work and dedication of our young athletes. They are excelling in their studies, their community involvement and the sport,” said Phil Palumbo president of the San Diego County McDonald’s Owner/Operator. “The McDonald’s All American Games is a great opportunity to preview the country’s up and coming basketball talent, and we’re proud to have our city represented by these extraordinary student athletes.”
The 35th annual Boys Game will tip-off on Wednesday, March 28 at 8:30 p.m. CT from Chicago’s United Center and will be broadcast on ESPN. Immediately preceding the Boys Game will be the 11th annual McDonald’s All American Girls Game which tips-off at 6 p.m. CT and will broadcast live on ESPNU. Information regarding tickets for the 2012 McDonald’s All American Games is available at Ticketmaster.
Proceeds from the Games will benefit Ronald McDonald House Charities® (RMHC®) of Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana (RMHC-CNI). To date, millions of dollars have been donated to RMHC Chapters from proceeds generated by McDonald’s All American Games.
McDonald’s USA, LLC, is the leading foodservice provider in the United States serving a variety of wholesome foods made from quality ingredients to more than 26 million customers every day. Nearly 90 percent of McDonald’s 14,000 U.S. restaurants are independently owned and operated by local business men and women. Customers can now log online for free at any of the 11,000 participating Wi-Fi enabled McDonald’s U.S. restaurants. For more information on San Diego McDonald’s, visit www.sdmcdonalds.com, or follow us on Twitter (@MySanDiegoMcD) for updates on our business, promotions and products.
- Recent Posts
- San Diego County McDonald’s Kicks Off The School Year With Free Back-To-School Breakfast Week
- 2017 San Diego County RMHC®/HACER® Scholarship Awards $20,000 In Scholarships To Outstanding High School Seniors
- McDonald’s® Is Now Available For Delivery On UberEATS in San Diego County
- Sweet BBQ Bacon Joins McDonald’s® Signature Crafted Menu
- RMHC®/HACER® Scholarship Program Accepting Applications From Hispanic High School Seniors In San Diego County