SAN DIEGO – February 9, 2012 – To help offset education costs and provide outstanding students of Hispanic descent assistance in achieving a college education, Ronald McDonald House Charities® (RMHC) of Southern California, RMHC of San Diego, the McDonald’s Operators’ Association of Southern California, and the McDonald’s Operators’ Association of San Diego are awarding 10 student scholarships for the 2012-2013 school year.
The Hispanic American Commitment to Education Resources (HACER®) scholarship is offered to high school seniors in San Diego County who have at least one parent of Hispanic heritage and who are eligible to attend a two- or four-year college, university or trade school with a complete course of study.
“We believe every student should have the opportunity to attend college and don’t want financial hardship to stand in the way, which is why we’re happy to offer the Ronald McDonald House Charities/HACER scholarship once again,“ said Christian Sandoval, a San Diego McDonald’s Owner/Operator and chair of the scholarship committee.
Applicants are evaluated on an academic basis, financial need, personal successes and their commitment to the community. An advisory board made up of educators, and community and civic leaders will select this year’s recipients, who will each receive $2,500. The deadline to apply is March 31, 2012. More information and an application for the 2012 HACER scholarship are available at www.sdmcdonalds.com.
McDonald’s USA, LLC is the leading foodservice provider in the United States, serving a variety of wholesome foods made from quality ingredients to millions of customers every day. More than 90 percent of McDonald’s San Diego restaurants are independently owned and operated by local franchisees.
- Recent Posts
- San Diego County McDonald’s Kicks Off The School Year With Free Back-To-School Breakfast Week
- 2017 San Diego County RMHC®/HACER® Scholarship Awards $20,000 In Scholarships To Outstanding High School Seniors
- McDonald’s® Is Now Available For Delivery On UberEATS in San Diego County
- Sweet BBQ Bacon Joins McDonald’s® Signature Crafted Menu
- RMHC®/HACER® Scholarship Program Accepting Applications From Hispanic High School Seniors In San Diego County