SAN DIEGO – June 4, 2012 – Although most kids are out of school for the summer, Ronald McDonald is encouraging them to keep reading on a daily basis and is touring San Diego County libraries to spread the joy of reading through “It’s Book Time with Ronald McDonald.”
This 35-minute, fun-filled and educational program will take Ronald McDonald on a tour to 25 libraries in San Diego County between June 14 and July 21, 2012. The show, designed specifically for students in elementary school, includes a sock-puppet bookworm named Stoogie, and a creative mix of music, magic and games that will encourage children to make time every day for reading.
“Summer provides a fun-filled break for students, but it’s important to keep reading and have fun while doing it. There’s no better person than Ronald McDonald to introduce that message to San Diego children, while also having fun and spreading smiles throughout the county,” said Phil Palumbo, president of the San Diego County McDonald’s Owner/Operator Association.
McDonald’s worked in conjunction with “Get Caught Reading,” a nationwide campaign to remind people of all ages how much fun it is to read, to develop “It’s Book Time with Ronald McDonald.” In addition to visiting libraries, Ronald will be working with San Diego schools to bring this program and others into the classroom.
For a full list of libraries that Ronald will be visiting, view the library tour schedule. To request a Ronald McDonald appearance at a local school, please contact Program Director David Trieglaff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Recent Posts
- San Diego County McDonald’s Kicks Off The School Year With Free Back-To-School Breakfast Week
- 2017 San Diego County RMHC®/HACER® Scholarship Awards $20,000 In Scholarships To Outstanding High School Seniors
- McDonald’s® Is Now Available For Delivery On UberEATS in San Diego County
- Sweet BBQ Bacon Joins McDonald’s® Signature Crafted Menu
- RMHC®/HACER® Scholarship Program Accepting Applications From Hispanic High School Seniors In San Diego County