Exceptional Students of Hispanic Descents Each Receive $2,500 Toward College Expenses
SAN DIEGO – May 15, 2013 – Many high school students aspire to attend college, but not all possess the dedication and determination exemplified in the 10 local students receiving $2,500 each in scholarship funds through the Ronald McDonald House Charities®/Hispanic American Commitment to Education Resources (HACER®) Scholarship.
The program, supported by Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) of Southern California, RMHC of San Diego, the McDonald’s Operators’ Association of Southern California, and the McDonald’s Operators’ Association of San Diego, honors outstanding high school seniors with a strong academic performance, and a personal drive to excel in college and give back to the community. A panel of judges, including McDonald’s and RMHC representatives and educators, evaluated applicants on academic achievement, financial need, personal successes and their commitment to the community.
“Out of more than 200 applicants this year, 10 students stood out for their remarkable resilience, passion and drive,” said Christian Sandoval, a San Diego McDonald’s owner/operator and chair of the scholarship committee. “We are honored to help these students take the next step in their academic studies to reach their career goals.”
This year’s recipients are:
- Samuel Carrillo, The Preuss School UCSD
- Alexis Montoya, Mountain Empire High School
- Miguel Santiago, Orange Glen High School
- Perla Rubi, The Preuss School UCSD
- Misael Cabrera, Herbert Hoover High School
- Catherine Zuniga-Mata, Herbert Hoover High School
- Amy Cruz, San Pasqual Academy
- Criselda Vasquez, La Costa Canyon High School
- Armando Narciso, Patrick Henry High School
- Susana Hanna, Granite Hills High School
McDonald’s USA, LLC is the leading foodservice provider in the United States, serving a variety of wholesome foods made from quality ingredients to millions of customers every day. More than 90 percent of McDonald’s San Diego restaurants are independently owned and operated by local franchisees. For more information on San Diego County McDonald’s, visit sdmcdonalds.com or follow us on Twitter (@MySanDiegoMcD).
- Recent Posts
- San Diego County McDonald’s® Adds New Breakfast Bowl To Menu
- San Diego County McDonald’s Kicks Off The School Year With Free Back-To-School Breakfast Week
- 2017 San Diego County RMHC®/HACER® Scholarship Awards $20,000 In Scholarships To Outstanding High School Seniors
- McDonald’s® Is Now Available For Delivery On UberEATS in San Diego County
- Sweet BBQ Bacon Joins McDonald’s® Signature Crafted Menu