Three new Quarter Pounder Burgers feature a variety of unique toppings and premium ingredients
SAN DIEGO – June 10, 2013 – Beginning in June, McDonald’s invites burger lovers in San Diego County to experience three new flavors of the iconic Quarter Pounder Burger. Made with 100 percent beef, the burgers feature a variety of new toppings like habanero ranch sauce, thick-cut Applewood smoked bacon and colorful veggies, all on a bakery style bun. The introduction of the new Quarter Pounder Burgers is part of McDonald’s broader efforts to evolve its menu with more great-tasting, relevant food and beverage choices.
"We know our customers are craving more unique ingredients and flavors with their burger choices," said Phil Palumbo, president of the San Diego County McDonald’s Owner/Operator Association. "The new Quarter Pounder Burgers offer them just that – the same great-tasting burger that they can now enjoy with bolder flavors and new ingredients."
About McDonald’s New Quarter Pounder Burgers
Customers can choose from three new varieties:
- Bacon Habanero Ranch: Quarter Pounder Burger with white cheddar (*pasteurized process), new thick-cut Applewood smoked bacon, lettuce, tomato and a spicy habanero ranch sauce.
- Deluxe: Quarter Pounder Burger with American cheese, tomato, lettuce, crinkle-cut pickle slices, red onion, mayonnaise and mustard.
- Bacon & Cheese: Quarter Pounder Burger with new thick-cut Applewood smoked bacon, American cheese, crinkle cut pickle slices, red onion, ketchup and mustard.
Customers can choose from three Quarter Pounder Burger varieties, including the "Bacon Habanero Ranch," "Deluxe" or "Bacon & Cheese" for a recommended price of $3.99 (price and participation may vary). The burgers will debut new thick-cut Applewood smoked bacon, which will now be available on all existing menu items featuring bacon, and the Bacon Habanero Ranch Quarter Pounder Burger is the first permanent menu item to include habanero peppers. Varieties range from 540 to 610 calories.
McDonald’s customers will still be able to order the classic Quarter Pounder burger, made with a quarter pound* of 100 percent pure beef simply seasoned with a pinch of salt and pepper, two slices of melty cheese, slivered onions and tangy pickles all on a sesame seed bun.
For more information about the new Quarter Pounder Burgers and McDonald’s full line of menu choices including nutrition information visit, www.McDonalds.com.
McDonald’s USA LLC, serves a variety of menu options, including wholesome choices, made from quality ingredients to more than 26 million customers every day. Nearly 89 percent of McDonald’s 14,000 U.S. restaurants are independently owned and operated by businessmen and women. Customers can now log online for free at approximately 11,500 participating Wi-Fi enabled McDonald’s U.S. restaurants. For more information, visit www.McDonalds.com, or follow us on Twitter at @MySanDiegoMcD and Facebook for updates on our business, promotions and products.
The following trademarks used herein are owned by McDonald’s Corporation and its affiliates: McDonald’s, Quarter Pounder. © 2013 McDonald’s
- Recent Posts
- San Diego County McDonald’s Kicks Off The School Year With Free Back-To-School Breakfast Week
- 2017 San Diego County RMHC®/HACER® Scholarship Awards $20,000 In Scholarships To Outstanding High School Seniors
- McDonald’s® Is Now Available For Delivery On UberEATS in San Diego County
- Sweet BBQ Bacon Joins McDonald’s® Signature Crafted Menu
- RMHC®/HACER® Scholarship Program Accepting Applications From Hispanic High School Seniors In San Diego County