SAN DIEGO – Jan. 6, 2015 – Helping 15 local students pursue their dreams of higher education with a $2,000 scholarship, The Ronald McDonald House Charities/Hispanic Commitment to Education Resources (HACER) scholarship program is accepting applications from San Diego County high school students of Hispanic descent through March 20.
High school seniors who have at least one parent of Hispanic/Latino origin, and who have strong academic performance and a personal drive to give back to the community are invited to submit applications. Please see the full application for all eligibility requirements. Applications must be postmarked by March 20, 2015.
The national HACER scholarship program began in 1985 and since then more than $24 million in scholarships have been awarded. Through the local HACER program, hundreds of San Diego County high school students have received funds to help them achieve a higher education.
McDonald’s USA, LLC, serves a variety of menu options made with quality ingredients to more than 26 million customers every day. Nearly 89 percent of McDonald’s 14,000 U.S. restaurants are independently owned and operated by businessmen and women. Customers can now log online for free at approximately 11,500 participating Wi-Fi enabled McDonald’s U.S. restaurants. For more information, visit www.mcdonalds.com, or follow us on Twitter at @MySanDiegoMcD and Facebook for updates on our business, promotions and products.
- Recent Posts
- San Diego County McDonald’s® Adds New Breakfast Bowl To Menu
- San Diego County McDonald’s Kicks Off The School Year With Free Back-To-School Breakfast Week
- 2017 San Diego County RMHC®/HACER® Scholarship Awards $20,000 In Scholarships To Outstanding High School Seniors
- McDonald’s® Is Now Available For Delivery On UberEATS in San Diego County
- Sweet BBQ Bacon Joins McDonald’s® Signature Crafted Menu