Local Restaurants Testing New Personalized Sandwiches With Three Bold, New Flavors
SAN DIEGO – Sept. 14, 2015 – Responding to customers’ desire for more variety, personalization and additional flavors, San Diego County McDonald’s restaurants are testing the new Chef Crafted Flavors.
McDonald’s chefs have created bold, new flavors to give guests a preview of three new taste combinations before they are added to the national menu.
The Chef Crafted menu lets guests customize each part of their sandwich.
Starting with the protein, the options include 100% USDA inspected beef, Buttermilk Crispy Chicken or Artisan Grilled chicken. Next is the bun of choice between the artisan roll or sesame seed bun. Finally, the guest can choose one of the three new flavor combinations:
- Buffalo Bacon: creamy blue cheese sauce with blue cheese crumbles, tangy buffalo sauce, applewood smoked bacon, tomato and shredded green lettuce
- Pico Guacamole: pico de gallo, guacamole, ranch, white cheddar* and leaf lettuce, served with a lime wedge on the side
- Maple Bacon Dijon: maple-seasoned bacon, savory grilled onions, slightly sweet honey dijon sauce, creamy white cheddar*, leaf lettuce
Available at participating restaurants in San Diego County, the new Chef Crafted flavors offer local guests an opportunity to try new combinations before the rest of the country. Plus, customers have the option of adding bacon or guacamole to any sandwich, or having additional guacamole or Pico de Gallo on the side.
“The Chef Crafted flavors give us yet another way to evolve our menu to meet our customers’ desires and expectations,” said Bob Sutherland, president of San Diego County McDonald’s Owner/Operator’s Association. “Whether a customer chooses beef or chicken, artisan roll or the classic sesame seed bun, these chef-inspired sandwiches are a delicious way to add some variety to our menu.”
Follow @MySanDiegoMcD on Twitter and tweet your favorite Chef Crafted combination using hashtag #McDChefCrafted. Each week until Oct. 12, we’ll randomly select a winner to receive a free McDonald’s sandwich! See contest rules for full details: http://www.sdmcdonalds.com/contest-rules/.
About San Diego County McDonald’s
San Diego County McDonald’s is comprised of more than 100 franchised and company-owned McDonald’s restaurants throughout the county. Learn more at SDMcDonalds.com, and follow us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. For local offers, visit MyMcCafeSD.com or download the McDonald’s app at McDonalds.com/App.
ABOUT MCDONALD’S USA
McDonald’s USA, LLC, serves a variety of menu options made with quality ingredients to more than 25 million customers every day. Nearly 90 percent of McDonald’s 14,000 U.S. restaurants are independently owned and operated by businessmen and women. Customers can now log online for free at approximately 11,500 participating Wi-Fi enabled McDonald’s U.S. restaurants. For more information, visit www.mcdonalds.com, or follow us on Twitter @McDonalds and Facebook www.facebook.com/mcdonalds.
- Recent Posts
- San Diego County McDonald’s® Adds New Breakfast Bowl To Menu
- San Diego County McDonald’s Kicks Off The School Year With Free Back-To-School Breakfast Week
- 2017 San Diego County RMHC®/HACER® Scholarship Awards $20,000 In Scholarships To Outstanding High School Seniors
- McDonald’s® Is Now Available For Delivery On UberEATS in San Diego County
- Sweet BBQ Bacon Joins McDonald’s® Signature Crafted Menu