Additions Reflect a Series of Ongoing Changes to Create a New Customer Experience
SAN DIEGO – Feb. 23, 2016 – Responding to customer interest for more variety and premium flavors, San Diego County McDonald’s® restaurants are now offering Breakfast Bowls and Chobani® Greek Yogurt in its parfaits and McCafé Smoothies.
The menu additions are part of a larger, regional effort by McDonald’s to regularly listen and respond to consumer feedback. Breakfast Bowls add variety to the standard breakfast options at McDonald’s and are available in two flavors:
- Egg White & Turkey Sausage Bowl: This 250-calorie meal, with 27 grams of protein, features breakfast turkey sausage, egg whites, sautéed baby spinach and kale, topped with thin shavings of Parmesan cheese and a freshly prepared bruschetta.
- Scrambled Egg & Chorizo Bowl: Step outside your comfort zone with the bold flavors of crispy hash browns, fluffy scrambled eggs mixed with savory chorizo, topped with shredded cheddar and jack cheese with freshly prepared pico de gallo and spicy roasted salsa roja on the side.
Additionally, McDonald’s Fruit ‘N Yogurt Parfait and McCafé Smoothies are now made with Chobani Non-Fat Vanilla Greek Yogurt. The smoothies and parfaits will be on the new Simple Delights menu, providing balanced options customers can feel good about.
“These new menu items follow big changes McDonald’s has made to give customers more options – including All Day Breakfast, table service in our dining rooms, and the customizable Chef Crafted menu,” said Bob Sutherland, president of San Diego County McDonald’s Owner/Operator’s Association. “We are focusing on customers’ desires and are committed to making noticeable changes to the Golden Arches.”
Participating San Diego County McDonald’s restaurants will offer McCafé Smoothies and Fruit ‘N Yogurt Parfaits made with Chobani Greek Yogurt all day. Breakfast Bowls will be available during normal breakfast hours and priced at $4.39. Sampling dates at participating restaurants include:
- Breakfast Bowls: March 3 to 5, 7-10 a.m. PST
- McCafé Smoothies and Fruit ‘N Yogurt Parfaits: March 10 to 12, 7-10 a.m., 11 a.m.-2 p.m. PST
About San Diego County McDonald’s
San Diego County McDonald’s is comprised of more than 100 franchised and company-owned McDonald’s restaurants throughout the county. Learn more at SDMcDonalds.com, and follow us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. For local offers, visit MyMcCafeSD.com or download the McDonald’s app at McDonalds.com/App.
ABOUT MCDONALD’S USA
McDonald’s USA LLC, serves a variety of menu options made with quality ingredients to more than 25 million customers every day. Nearly 90 percent of McDonald’s 14,000 U.S. restaurants are independently owned and operated by businessmen and women. Customers can now log online for free at approximately 11,500 participating Wi-Fi enabled McDonald’s U.S. restaurants. For more information, visit mcdonalds.com, or follow us on Twitter @McDonalds and Facebook facebook.com/mcdonalds.
1. ELIGIBILITY: San Diego County McDonald’s My McD Morning Facebook, Twitter and Instagram Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”), brought to you by San Diego County McDonald’s Owner/Operator Association (the “Sponsor”), and is governed by these Official Rules. To enter, you (“you” or “Participant”) must be 18 years of age or older, a resident of the United States of America, and a member of Facebook, Twitter or Instagram at the start of the Sweepstakes Entry Period. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor. Void where prohibited. Sponsor reserves the right, at any time, to verify eligibility requirements, in any manner it deems appropriate.
2. THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 am PST on Tuesday, February 22, 2016 and concludes 11:59 p.m. PST on Wednesday, March 16, 2016. (“Sweepstakes Entry Period”).
3. TO ENTER: During the Sweepstakes Entry Period, post and/or tweet on Instagram and Twitter which new menu items at McDonald’s you want to try first using the hashtag #MyMcDMorning and #Sweepstakes, and tagging @MySanDiegoMcD. On Facebook, comment below the Sweepstakes Facebook post from any San Diego McDonald’s locations page. For an entry to be valid, the Participant and Participant’s post must be viewable by a third party based on the permission settings for each respective platform. At the end of the Sweepstakes Entry Period, McDonald’s will randomly select one winner to receive an Arch Card worth $20. The Arch Card will be mailed to the winner. Winners will be announced on the @MySanDiegoMcD page or the Facebook page the individual entered on and sent a Direct Message within 48 hours of the Sweepstakes Entry Period’s conclusion.
4. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS. By submitting an Entry in the Sweepstakes, you hereby warrant and represent that your entry conforms to the requirements set forth herein. Entries must be in English.
Entries must meet the following requirements: Entry cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, or contain nudity; Entry cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message; Entry cannot be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group; Entry cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products, or other people, products or companies; Entry cannot contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses; Entry cannot contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media or musical “samples”) without permission; Entry cannot contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, other than entrant, without permission; Entry cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate; and Entry cannot depict, and cannot itself, be in violation of any law.
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER ENTRY MAY BE POSTED ON SPONSOR’S WEBSITE, IN SPONSOR’S DISCRETION. Sponsor reserves the right to, and may or may not, monitor/screen entries prior to posting them to the Website. By entering, you acknowledge that Sponsor has no obligation to use or post any Entry you submit. Submission of an Entry grants Sponsor and its agents an unlimited, worldwide, perpetual, license and right to publish, use, publicly perform the Entry in any way, in any and all media, without limitation, and without consideration to the entrant.
ENTRIES ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER. Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to entrants.
5. PRIZE DETAILS/ODDS: Grand Prize: (1) Arch Card ARV worth $20. Winner must submit contact information and mailing address via Direct Message within 1 week of being notified to receive prize as specified by Sponsor and on dates designated by Sponsor, or prize will be forfeited. Prize cannot be assigned, transferred, or substituted except by Sponsor who may, at its sole discretion, substitute any prize with one of comparable value if the advertised prize becomes unavailable for any reason. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received.
6. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: Participants agree (a) to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor which are final and binding, (b) that Sponsor, its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, franchisees, advertising and all of their officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents will have no liability whatsoever for, are released and shall be held harmless by participants against any liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in this Sweepstakes or Sweepstakes-related activities and (c) except where legally prohibited, winner grants (and agree to confirm that grant in writing) permission to Sponsor and those acting under Sponsor’s authority the right to the use of his/her name, photograph, likeness, voice, image and biographical information and statements and the Entry for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes without additional compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide and on the Internet and World Wide Web, without notice, review or approval.
7. GENERAL PROVISIONS: Neither Sponsor nor its agencies are responsible for not receiving entries, no matter what the reason even if known in advance, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or the failure to capture any such information. Persons who tamper with any aspect of the Sweepstakes, as solely determined by the Sponsor, or who attempt to participate with multiple email addresses or under multiple identities will be disqualified. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed or like entry methods will void all such entries and disqualify any entrant using such methods. Should any portion of the Sweepstakes be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, technical failures or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. In case of dispute, the authorized subscriber of the email account used to enter the Sweepstakes at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the participant, and must comply with these Official Rules.
8. ARBITRATION DISCLOSURE: By participating in this Program, each Participant agrees that: (1) any claim, dispute, or controversy (whether in contract, tort, or otherwise) Participant may have against any of the Program Entities arising out of, relating to, or connected in any way with the Program, the awarding or redemption of prizes, or the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, will be resolved exclusively by final and binding arbitration administered by JAMS and conducted before a sole arbitrator pursuant to JAMS’s Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures (“Rules and Procedures”); (2) this arbitration agreement is made pursuant to a transaction involving interstate commerce, and shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”), 9 U.S.C. §§ 1-16; (3) the arbitration shall be held at a location determined by JAMS pursuant to the Rules and Procedures (provided such location is reasonably convenient for Participant), or at such other location as may be mutually agreed by the Participant and Sponsor; (4) the arbitrator’s decision shall be controlled by the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and any of the other agreements referenced herein that the Participant may have entered into in connection with the Program; (5) the arbitrator shall apply Illinois law consistent with the FAA and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law; (6) there shall be no authority for any claims to be arbitrated on a class or representative basis as Participant and Sponsor hereby waive the right to assert claims in any class or representative action; arbitration can thus decide only the Participant’s and/or Sponsor’s individual claims; the arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated; (7) in the event that the administrative fees, arbitrator fees and filing fees associated with the arbitration exceed $250, Sponsor agrees to pay any such administrative, arbitrator and filing fees exceeding $250 on the Participant’s behalf, subject to ultimate allocation by the arbitrator. In addition, if the Participant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsor will pay as much of the Participant’s fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive; and (8) with the exception of subpart (6) above, if any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, or otherwise conflicts with the Rules and Procedures established by JAMS, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, subpart (6) is found to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, then the entirety of this Arbitration Provision shall be null and void, and neither Sponsor nor Participant shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. Finally, this arbitration provision is reciprocally binding on all parties, such that both Participant and Sponsor are required to arbitrate their claims against one another. For more information on JAMS and/or JAMS Rules and Procedures, Participants may visit the JAMS Website at http://www.jamsadr.com.
9. WINNER’S LIST: For the names of the winners, write your name and address on a 3”x5” card along with the date of the specific Sweepstakes, and mail in first-class, stamped envelope to: McDonald’s @MySanDiegoMcD #MyMcDMorning Winners List, 4045 Third Avenue, Suite 200, San Diego, CA 92103
10. SPONSOR: San Diego County McDonald’s Owner/Operator Association
- Recent Posts
- Sweet BBQ Bacon Joins McDonald’s® Signature Crafted Menu
- RMHC®/HACER® Scholarship Program Accepting Applications From Hispanic High School Seniors In San Diego County
- San Diego County McDonald’s Kicks Off the School Year With Free Breakfast For K-Eighth Grade Students On Sept. 13
- Signature Sriracha Added to San Diego County McDonald’s® Signature Crafted Sandwich Menu
- San Diego McDonald’s® Restaurants Support Red Shoe Day 2016 By Collecting In-Restaurant Donations