On June 23, nearly 1,200 volunteers will be collecting donations at intersections around the county for Red Shoe Day benefiting San Diego’s Ronald McDonald House, and McDonald’s restaurants are supporting the charity by collecting donations in participating restaurants June 5 – 26.
All proceeds benefit Ronald McDonald House Charities of San Diego®, which provides a “home away from home” for families with children being treated for serious, often life-threatening conditions at local hospitals. The 47-bedroom house features a kitchen serving overnight and daytime visitors, and other services to meet the daily needs of families so that can stay close to their hospitalized child.
To contribute in restaurants, visit your San Diego County McDonald’s restaurant and donate $1 for a red paper shoe to display in the restaurant to show your support.
On June 23, San Diegans can donate cash to volunteers positioned at more than 100 intersections around the county during the morning commute. For more information or to volunteer for this year’s Red Shoe Day, visit RedShoeDaySD.com.
- Recent Posts
- San Diego County McDonald’s® Adds New Breakfast Bowl To Menu
- San Diego County McDonald’s Kicks Off The School Year With Free Back-To-School Breakfast Week
- 2017 San Diego County RMHC®/HACER® Scholarship Awards $20,000 In Scholarships To Outstanding High School Seniors
- McDonald’s® Is Now Available For Delivery On UberEATS in San Diego County
- Sweet BBQ Bacon Joins McDonald’s® Signature Crafted Menu